Top Respiratory Therapy Programs In Maine
Registration or liensure is necessary to work as a Respiratory Therapist in the USA (with the exception of Alaska). To obtain your license you will need to complete an approved Respiratory Therapy program at an accredited school.
Listed below are some of the top accredited Respiratory Therapist Schools near you;
Choosing a Respiratory Therapist Program
- Is the School fully accredited?
- What percentage of graduates are successful in becoming fully licensed Respiratory Therapists?
- How long does the program last or take to complete?
- How much of the course will be classroom based, presented online, lab based and work experience based and how does this fit with your expectations?
- Does the School have good facilities and resources to support your studies?
- Does the School offer any financial assistance or scholarships?
- Does the School offer any assistance with securing employment?
Respiratory Therapist Salary in Maine
A career as a Respiratory Therapist offers good income potential and jobs growth. With an average salary of $59,640 Respiratory Therapists are in the top 50% of earners across all careers.
In 2015 there where 430 persons employed as Respiratory Therapists in Maine with an average salary of $56,580. This represents an hourly wage of $27.20 and is 5% below the national average.
Respiratory Therapists in California earn the most of all States in the USA with an average salary of $79,370.
Maine Respiratory Therapist Licensing Requirements
Once you have graduated from an accredited program it is required by Maine law that you obtain a license to work as a Respiratory Therapist there. The BOARD OF RESP CARE PRACTITIONERS governs the licensing of Respiratory Therapist in Maine. You can contact the Board directly using the details below:
Related Healthcare Careers
The table below compares key data for Respiratory Therapists with other entry level healthcare and healthcare support and technician roles in Maine;
Top Healthcare Schools Near You
Get started today and take the first steps towards your new career by reaching out to healthcare schools in your State. Listed below are some of the top healthcare schools and programs near you.
Please note: If you wish to view schools in another area, or if you do not see any results below, please use the search widget in the sidebar.
Maine is the northernmost state in the New England region of the northeastern United States. Maine is the 39th most extensive and the 9th least populous of the U.S.
Area: 35,385 sq mi
Weather: -273.15°C, Wind at 0 km/h, % Humidity