Information About You - We collect several types of information on our Site. We collect “Personal Information”, which generally speaking is information that can be used to identify you individually, such as your e-mail address. We also collect “Non-Personal Information”, which is information about you that does not itself identify you individually. Examples of Non-Personal Information include the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer) and the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS). We also collect “Aggregate Information”, which is information about use of our Site, such as pages visited on our Site. The information we collect depends on what services you use on our Site. The following is a more detailed explanation of these types of information as well as when and how we collect and use it.
Surveys - From time-to-time we may post surveys on our Site. The surveys may request demographic information (such as geographic location, areas of interest, and familiarity with the Partnership’s products and services) and customer feedback. Participation in these requests is completely voluntary and with each request you will have the choice of whether or not to disclose information. Such survey information will be used to, among other things, improve the overall experience on www.partnershipforhealthcare.org.
Customer Service Correspondence - We may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including information that identifies you personally, when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our Customer Service department. We use this information to help us provide better service in the event you contact us again.
Online Forums - Our Site may have chat rooms, discussion boards, online forums and other interactive technologies that allow individual comments and messages to be tied to a user’s name or e-mail address. Any information you post in such forums is public information and the Partnership cannot control what uses third parties may make of personal information you share in such forums.
Resumes - If you are interested in applying for a job with the Partnership, we may collect your resume. Resumes you submit for job applications will not be used for marketing purposes.
Use of Your Personal and Non-Personal Information - Except as disclosed in this policy, we do not sell or disclose information that identifies our users personally or makes it possible for other parties to contact them directly without our users’ consent. However, we may use, sell, disclose, or otherwise dispose of Personal Information we collect in the following circumstances:
- Internal Analysis and Promotions. We may use information about you for our own internal statistical, design, operational purposes such as to estimate our audience size; measure aggregate traffic patterns; and understand demographics, customer interest, and other trends among our users. We may also use your Personal Information for the marketing and/or promotion of our own products or services. We may outsource all of these tasks to third parties on a confidential basis. If you do not want to receive our promotional materials, please e-mail your request to be removed to .
- Leadership Council Members. We may share Personal Information (as well as Non-Personal Information) collected from surveys posted on the Site with the members of our Leadership Council. Members of our Leadership Council are identified on the Site at http://www.partnershipforhealthcare.org/index.php/about_us/leadership_council. If you do not want to have your Personal Information collected from surveys posted on the Site shared with these businesses, please e-mail your request to .
- Legal Requirement. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served on the Partnership or the Site; or,
- protect and defend our rights or property, the Site, our employees, users or the public.
- Company Sale. Information collected through our Site is considered the property of the Partnership. As the owner of such information, we may disclose or sell such information as an asset of the company in conjunction with the sale to a third party of our company or a portion of our assets.
Aggregate Information - We collect Aggregate Information about you and your use of our Site whenever you visit us online. For instance, we may collect various forms of “click stream” information such as entry and exit points for our Site (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. In addition, when users request pages on our Site, our servers automatically log their IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web.
This Aggregate Information generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes. We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Aggregate Information, provided that such information does not personally identify you. When we share such information with other companies, it is not traceable to any particular user, and will not be used to contact you. If we do correlate any Aggregate Information to you, such information will be treated like any other Personal Information under this policy.
Cookies - We may make use of “cookies” on our Site. Cookies are small text files that are stored on a user’s computer by a Web server based on the permissions set in a user’s browser software. A cookie itself is not designed or intended to read any information from a user’s computer (other than the contents of the cookie); rather, it is an identifier used by the Web site that originally placed it on your hard drive. The actual contents of the cookie information can be retrieved by the same server to identify the computer and subsequently to customize, monitor, or regulate the use of a site based on information stored on the host server. Therefore, cookies only identify the user’s computer to the Web site which may correlate other information, including personally identifying information, with the cookie.
Links to Other Sites - Please be aware that we provide links to third party Web sites as a service to our users, and that we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those pages. Please note that these Web sites’ privacy policies may differ from those of the Partnership. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. We encourage your to review and understand their privacy practices before providing them with information.
Children - Our Site is aimed at businesses users and is not designed nor intended to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
Security - We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain Personal Information to protect it from loss, misuse, alternation or destruction by any unauthorized party. Despite our efforts to protect your Personal Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
Opting-Out of the Partnership’s Materials - If you do not want us to use your email address for our own marketing or promotional purposes, you can remove yourself from our e-mail list at any time by e-mailing us at .
©2010 The Partnership for Healthcare Excellence, Inc. All rights Reserved.
Recent Press Releases
The Partnership for Healthcare Excellence (the Partnership) proudly announces the appointment of… READ MORE
The Partnership for Healthcare Excellence and AARP Massachusetts Host Educational Forum on the State of Quality Care
The Partnership for Healthcare Excellence (the Partnership) and AARP Massachusetts are hosting an… READ MORE