Information for Employers
What does being an “engaged patient” mean? Among other things, engaged patients choose the highest quality hospitals and doctors by doing research and looking at credible websites. They prepare for doctor's visits by writing down questions in advance. They know how to reduce the risk of infections. And, they keep lists of medications in their wallets to share with their doctors and pharmacists- and first responders in the case of an emergency.
Help your employees get better – and safer – medical care by sharing materials from The Partnership for Healthcare Excellence, a respected non-profit dedicated to educating consumers on how to be engaged patients.
Share our messages with your employees
We offer several ways of sharing important messages about “patient engagement” with your employees. Pick the one that works best for you.
- Hardcopy factsheets for distribution or mailing. Written at the middle-school reading level, they provide simple, easy action steps and websites for additional information. They are available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. You can add your logo or other information. You can download them here and arrange printing on your own. Or, we can send them to you at a nominal cost.
- Electronic files for posting on your Human Resources website.
- Posters for your cafeteria, lobby or other locations. They are available in Spanish and English.
- Videos for posting on your employee website or for playing on monitors at your worksites.
We have materials on:
- Choosing the doctor who’s right for you
- Preparing for your doctor’s visit
- Taking medications safely
- Preparing for surgery
- Preventing infection
Contact our Executive Director to get more involved in our campaign to educate all consumers to be more engaged patients.
Click below for posters, fact sheets and more to help patients with their health care.Preview and Order
Our Perspective: Recent Posts
Today we are excited to be sharing the results of a study done by Mass Health Quality Partners.… READ MORE