- Top Dental Hygiene Schools Rhode Island
- Choosing a Dental Hygienist Program: Important Considerations
- Rhode Island Dental Hygienist License Requirements
- Dental Hygienist Salary in Rhode IslandThe average Dental Hygienist salary in Rhode Island is $73,140. This represents an hourly wage of $35.16. Dental Hygienists in Rhode Island earn slightly more than the national average. Those in Washington DC earn the most of all Dental Hygienists in the USA with an average salary of $98,530.In 2015 there where 1,020 persons employed as Dental Hygienists in the State.The table below illustrates key data for the main cities and metropolitan areas in Rhode Island; AreaNumber EmployedSalary Providence-Warwick, RI-MA1,180$74,580 Get Started Today!Get started today and take the first steps towards your new career by reaching out to Dental Hygiene Schools in your preferred area. Simply enter your details in the box below to receive information on the best Dental Hygieniest programs in your area. It’s fast and it’s free! Please note: If you wish to view schools in another area, or if you do not see any results below, please use the search widget in the sidebar. If a career as a Dental Hygienist strongly appeals then you will be happy to know that Dental Hygiene salaries are among some of the highest in the healthcare industry. There also continues to be strong job growth in the sector with an additional 30,000 positions projected to be created between 2016 and 2024 representing an almost 15% increase in employment.Related Healthcare CareersThe table below compares key data for Dental Hygienists with other entry level healthcare and healthcare assisting roles in Rhode Island; CareerNumber EmployedSalary Dental Hygienists1,020$73,140 Physician Assistants230$114,650 Respiratory Therapists330$62,460 Diagnostic Medical Sonographers380$70,760 Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics800$36,340 Pharmacy Technicians1,400$32,560 Surgical Technologists240$51,140 Veterinary Technologists and Technicians270$35,750 Home Health Aides3,730$26,610 Nursing Assistants9,250$29,090 Occupational Therapy Assistants220$57,480 Physical Therapist Assistants310$53,240 Massage Therapists210$36,660 Dental Assistants900$38,700 Medical Assistants2,900$33,730 Medical Transcriptionists150$39,290 Phlebotomists820$37,470 Rhode Island Rhode Island , officially the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, is a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States. Area: 1,214 sq miPopulation: 1,056,426Weather: -273.15°C, Wind at 0 km/h, % Humidity Wikipedia
Top Dental Hygiene Schools Rhode Island
If you wish to become a Dental Hygienist in Rhode Island it is a requirement that you have graduated from an accredited Dental Hygiene School.
Listed below are some of the top Dental Hygiene Schools and related programs near you.
You might also be interest in applying to Hygienist Schools in Massachusetts
Choosing a Dental Hygienist Program: Important Considerations
Take the first step and request information from Schools and Colleges in your preferred area. Simply enter your preferences and contact information in the search box to the right or select from the School options presented above to receive program and admissions information. It’s fast and easy!Important points to consider when selecting a Dental Hygiene School include;
- Is the School fully accredited?
- What percentage of students who graduate are successful in securing their license to practice as a Dental Hygienist in Rhode Island or their chosen State?
- How long does the program last or take to complete?
- How much of the course will be classroom based, online, lab based and work experience based and how does this fit with your expectations?
- Does the School have good laboratory facilities and other resources to support your studies?
- Does the School offer any financial assistance or scholarships?
- Does the School offer any assistance with securing employment?
Rhode Island Dental Hygienist License Requirements
Once you have graduated from an accredited program it is required by Rhode Island law that you obtain a license to work as a Dental Hygienist there. The Rhode Island State Board of Examiners in Dentistry governs the licensing of Dental Hygienists in Rhode Island. You can contact the Board directly using the contact details below:
Phone: (401) 222-2837
|Area||Number Employed||Hourly Wage||Salary|