- 1 Top Dental Hygiene Schools in Arkansas
- 2 Choosing a Dental Hygienist Program in Arkansas
- 3 Dental Hygienist Schools Near You
- 4 Dental Hygienist Salary in Arkansas
- 5 Top Paying Metro Areas in Arkansas for Dental Hygienists
- 6 Arkansas Dental Hygienist License Requirements
- 7 Related Healthcare Careers
- 8 Get Started Today!
If you wish to become a Dental Hygienist in Arkansas it is a requirement that you have graduated from an accredited Dental Hygiene School.
Listed below are some of the top Dental Hygiene Schools in Arkansas.
Top Dental Hygiene Schools in Arkansas
Choosing a Dental Hygienist Program in Arkansas
Important points to consider when selecting a Dental Hygiene School include;
- Is the School fully accredited?
- What percentage of students who graduate are successful in securing their license to practice as a Dental Hygienist in Arkansas or their chosen State?
- How long does the program last or take to complete?
- How much of the course will be classroom based, online, lab based and work experience based and how does this fit with your expectations?
- Does the School have good laboratory facilities and other resources to support your studies?
- Does the School offer any financial assistance or scholarships?
- Does the School offer any assistance with securing employment?
Dental Hygienist Schools Near You
Take the first step towards your new career and select from the schools below to receive curriculum, admissions and tuition information.
Please note: If you wish to view schools in another area, or if you do not see any results below, please use the search widget in the sidebar.
Dental Hygienist Salary in Arkansas
|Compared to National Average||11.4% Below|
|Top 10% of Earners||$92,380|
|Bottom 10% of Earners||$37,440|
In 2015 there where 1,400 persons employed as Dental Hygienists in the State.
Top Paying Metro Areas in Arkansas for Dental Hygienists
|Area||# Employed||Hourly Wage||Salary|
|Hot Springs, AR||–||$32.69||$67,990|
|South Arkansas nonmetropolitan area||100||$32.38||$67,350|
|Little Rock-North Little Rock-Conway, AR||430||$31.85||$66,240|
|West Arkansas nonmetropolitan area||110||$31.19||$64,870|
|East Arkansas nonmetropolitan area||60||$30.81||$64,080|
|Fort Smith, AR-OK||170||$28.13||$58,500|
|North Arkansas nonmetropolitan area||130||$27.90||$58,020|
|Pine Bluff, AR||40||$22.23||$46,240|
Arkansas Dental Hygienist License Requirements
Once you have graduated from an accredited program it is required by Arkansas law that you obtain a license to work as a Dental Hygienist there. The Arkansas State Board of Dental Examiners governs the licensing of Dental Hygienists in Arkansas. You can contact the Board directly using the contact details below:
Phone: (501) 682-2085
Related Healthcare Careers
The table below compares key data for Dental Hygienists with other entry level healthcare and healthcare assisting roles in Arkansas;
|Career||Number Employed||Hourly Wage||Salary|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||360||$28.15||$58,550|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||2,220||$14.06||$29,230|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||300||$12.68||$26,380|
|Home Health Aides||7,040||$9.05||$18,830|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||200||$31.41||$65,340|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||990||$25.02||$52,030|
Get Started Today!
Get started today and take the first steps towards your new career by reaching out to Dental Hygiene Schools in your preferred area. Simply enter your details in the box below to receive information on the best Dental Hygieniest programs in your area. It’s fast and it’s free!
Arkansas is a state located in the southeastern region of the United States, home to over 3 million people as of 2017. Its name is of Siouan derivation from the language of the Osage denoting their related kin, the Quapaw Indians.
Area: 53,180 sq mi
Weather: -273.15°C, Wind at 0 km/h, % Humidity